- In order to receive assistance you must fill out The Emergency Food Assistance Program form H1555 every year.
- Residency in Jeff Davis County is required.
- A signature is required when picking food.
- The Food Pantry of Jeff Davis County does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, citizenship, religion, ancestry, political beliefs, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation including gender identity or expression, genetic information, unfavorable discharge from the military, veteran status, or income derived from public assistance. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
- Bimonthly distributions (see calendars below):
Fort Davis: 9:00-11:00 am, 2nd & 4th Saturdays Jan-Oct and 1st & 3rd Saturdays Nov & Dec
Valentine: 3:00-5:00 pm on the Thursday preceding the Fort Davis distributions
DMR: 2:30-4:00 pm the day before Fort Davis distributions
- You automatically qualify for Food Pantry services if someone in your household receives one or more of the following:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program, aka "food stamps")
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- NSLP (National School Lunch Program
- If you do not qualify based on income or #6, you may qualify for up to six months based on an unexpected and unavoidable household expense. Characteristics of a household crisis:
- Unexpected - such as job loss or burial expenses of a household member
- Temporary - such as necessary medical treatment of a household member
- Beyond the household's control - such as repair or replacement of home, home contents, or vehicle due to a household disaster
To be eligible, your total household income must be equal to or less than the following: